Monday, February 18, 2008

Why can't things be easy

Why is it that everytime my mother asks me to do something for her I feel the urge to drink heavily? She is 69 yrs old and acts about 105. She had a mantra for years, all she wanted to do was sit. She couldn't wait to stop working. The funny thing is she sat at work. For years in the operations department of a bank then after that at a car dealership as a receptionist. Lots of sitting and getting paid for it. Few years ago she had a fall and tore her rotator cuff in left shoulder. She's right handed by the way. So it was a perfect excuse to stop working. She really couldn't afford it so we (my husband and I: we own a 2 family house) were forced to drop her rent to waaaay below market value to match her now greatly reduced income. Now she has sat watching court tv for 3 solid years and her muscles have finally given up. For years we tried to tell her to move. Get up, walk around the block,SOMETHING!! Now she is forced to use a wallker because her legs won't work anymore. I have spent 2 weeks trying to obtain a bedside comode because she can't even walk to the bathroom without a walker. The red tape you have to go through to get something like this covered by medicare is mindbogling. So something she has brought on herself is making me run around town like a nut case and I'm getting annoyed.

No comments: