Saturday, February 23, 2008

ER Doctors

I have to be really sick or in pain to go to the Dr. Other than my yearly ob-gyn checkup(which is usually bi-yearly)I don't run everytime I have a cold or ache/pain. Yesterday was an exception. I've been having twinges of pain in my right breast for some months now.(yes months) But when the pain became deeper and constant I decided to go the ER. It was snowing so I hoped it would be quiet which it was. Once I told admit I was having RIGHT side chest/breast pain I was wisked into a curtain with a 12 lead EKG. That came out normal. Ok no heart attack which I was pretty sure it wasn't because of where the pain is. So now I have blood taken(several tubes) and wait to see a doctor. Nurse Patty was wonderful. He comes in and listens to my lungs and orderes a chest xray. That comes back normal so he sends me home. The pain as gotten worse as I sit a total of 3 hours in the er but without ever actually touching where the pain is coming from, I am discharged. He tells me it's a pulled muscle. Now, I feel like a red hot skewer is being thrust through my nipple into my boob. I'm not looking to have Dr.Wiener(yes his real name) feel me up for the heck of it but don't you think a quick breast exam/mamo was called for in this case. ? Now I have to wait to see my ob-gyn and the pain is still here and getting worse. And I"m scared. REALLY scared.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have you done any back exercises at the gym, like on the seated row machine, or any machine where you have to press your chest into a pad? One of my clients a few months ago pulled a muscle in her chest and described the pain the same way you have..(except for the fire javelin).. so my theory is the same as the doctor's; pulled muscle. So try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. Depending on the extent of you pain and injury it'll take 2-3 weeks to heal, if you continue to ice and rest it. lasting pain like you have been experiencing is do to the lack of both. Have Marty massage it for you! <3 ~Mimi