Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Todays topic is meatloaf. Why is it that given 2lbs of ground meat, a woman can go to the fridge and cabinets and throw together a great meatloaf? If there are no breadcrumbs some day old hardrolls or bread can be softened with a little milk and viola: dinner. Today after working and a vicous workout at the gym, I left dinner in my husbands hands. At 5 after 5 I asked him if he planned on eating tonight. He forgot he was suposed to make dinner. Did we have meatloaf as planned: NOPE! Because there weren't any breadcrumbs. After trying from the shower to explain what alternatives there were I gave up. Needless to say we had ham and eggs. Not the green Dr Seus kind but tasty none the less. So my question is why can't men make a meatloaf without breadcrumbs? Or any meal without asking 12 different stupid questions. I do it 360 days a year with no help. How do I do it?

1 comment:

Divecchio317 said...

Um, I can make a BANGING meatloaf with breadcrumbs, but even I would know how to substitute actual BREAD or roll for breadcrumbs...or something good enough would suffice...even without the breadcrumbs. Stove top stuffing would work too.