Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Borg Update

Borg went to his follow up at the new doctor today. He really liked him and his staff. After the exam Dr. M came to the conclusion that Borg is simply suffering from high blood pressure. He was 130/100 today. That bottom number really needs to come down. He started him on medication and is sending him for major blood work to get his cholesterol levels and such. Dr, M also suggested that Borg lose 10-15 lbs. Ok, now I love my husband but it's closer to 50 he should drop. Since I've lost over 100 I can say that without feeling guilty. So starting next week borg is going to start eating my way. Lots of fresh veggies and grilled chicken coming his way. He is also giving up his blasted energy drinks. I have tried telling him how bad they are and now the Dr is too. Soda is out and so is salt. Borg is only 38 and much too young to have this problem. Life is taking a new turn and if I can diet and do 5 days a week in the gym, he can hit the treadmill at home while watching TV and give up a few things. Maybe we'll be that hot couple strolling down the beach this summer in their matching bikini's. Borg in a speedo now that's a mental picture.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Well, great that it isn't something ... "more" - but changing a lifestyle is hard. He's lucky he's got you to support him!